The Board carries out a range of activities to safeguard children and young people in Halton, aged between 0-19.
- Developing schemes to reduce harm to children
- Create, watch over and review inter-agency Safeguarding Children procedures
- Collect and study information related to safeguarding children
- Promote and provide training
- Increase professional and public awareness of safeguarding agenda
- Enquire into cases of abuse and neglect where a child has died or suffered serious harm and to review important issues arising from such enquiries
- Safeguarding children and young people is not the sole responsibility of the Safeguarding Children Board, or the professionals who care for children.